From its offices close to New York City’s garment district, Gottlieb, Rackman & Reisman has represented numerous apparel and textile clients since its inception, nurturing decades-long relationships with influential firms, both internationally and domestically, and establishing Gottlieb, Rackman & Reisman as an invaluable resource to designers and manufacturers alike.
- Our clients, an international design house and its luxury rug licensee, were sued for copyright infringement, by a California artist. We demonstrated to the Court that our clients’ design was independently created and that any similarity was wholly coincidental. The Court granted summary judgment on behalf of our clients.
- Our client, a well-known manufacturer, was sued by a competitor for design patent infringement. Our client prevailed when we demonstrated to the Court that the asserted design patent was invalid.
- We counseled our client, a world-renowned foreign soccer federation, on a multi-million dollar agreement with a major U.S. sporting goods company for the design, manufacture, and sale of the federation’s jerseys and athletic footwear products.
- We represented a well-known underwear manufacturer in a significant license agreement with a top outdoor sports apparel manufacturer.
- On behalf of a New York-based apparel manufacturer, we successfully sued a California company for trademark infringement.