Many companies, large and small, are working to invent new technologies and applications for use in the Internet of Things. In this presentation, Mitchell Feller, a partner with Gottlieb, Rackman & Reisman, will provide an overview of patent issues for developers in the IoT space and give practical advice on topics including:
• Pros and cons of seeking patent protection;
• Requirements for getting a patent and the patenting process;
• Types of things in IoT design chain which can be patented;
• Issues related to patentability of software and methods for data collection and use;
• Alternatives to patents;
• Common pitfalls to avoid.